iDirect's product lines integrate a wide variety of hardware, software and services seamlessly into a complete satellite communications platform. The Intelligent Platform combines innovative technology and intelligent routing of IP data to support all your networking requirements for bandwidth, location, satellite frequency, topology or application
For the past 20 years, the adoption of iDirect technology has grown rapidly throughout the world, trusted to support the most critical IP applications. Our winning approach allows iDirect partners to build a lasting foundation for a more intelligent network, with advanced technology that delivers practical, substantial business value.
Advanced technology solves real world business issues
Today's global connectivity challenges are complex, driven by a growing number of IP applications. All iDirect technology is developed to a universal set of requirements to enable our providers to meet any customer need, supporting all customer applications in the most demanding networking environments.
iDirect technology brings greater business value across the enterprise. Just a few examples include:
- Speedier customer transaction and inquiry processing
- Lower operating and back office expenditures
- Improved efficiency of mobile or remote workforces with quality voice, video and Internet connectivity
- Protection from lost revenue during terrestrial network outages
- New business growth made possible by extending connectivity into outlying areas regardless of distance, weather or terrain
- Continuous technology innovation leads the satellite industry
iDirect continues to "crack the code" by solving emerging global IP connectivity challenges with world-leading products and advanced technologies. For instance:
- Group QoS allows partners to intelligently prioritize traffic based on applications or customer groups. Capacity is shared simultaneously across multiple sites around the world, giving each application or customer the precise bandwidth needed to function in real time
- Advanced mobility features like Global NMS, spread spectrum, and automatic beam switching make it possible for partners to serve customers anywhere to provide seamless, reliable connectivity as ships, vehicles and aircraft roam between satellite footprints
- Military-grade TRANSEC and FIPS compliance provide high levels of security for the most sensitive, mission-critical government and military communications
- Considered the best network management system in the industry, iDirect's iVantage® enables partners to dramatically simplify the complex job of configuring and managing multiple satellite networks, a significant advantage in countless scenarios where thousands of remotes support intricate global networks
- In every case, iDirect partners are not only able to deliver IP applications in real time to their customers anywhere in the world more efficiently and cost effectively; they're equipped with the right tools and support to manage their entire business operations better.
Market driven intelligence anticipates customer needs and delivers customer value
At iDirect, priorities are based on a deeper understanding and insight into end user applications, and the everyday challenges our partners face. We continue to enter new markets with an aggressive, agile technology and business strategy committed to the success of our partners. Together we are charting a course of continuous technology innovation, joined by our common goal of advancing a connected world.
While iDirect's iNFINITI®-based networks have proven themselves as the most reliable and efficient MF-TDMA satellite-based TCP/IP systems available, the dramatic improvements in bandwidth efficiency and service quality provided by DVB-S2 with ACM and 2D 16-State coding has created a compelling case for existing iNFINITI-based iDirect Government Technologies (iGT) customers to migrate to an Evolution-based DVB-S2/2D 16-State architecture.
iDirect's Evolution product line is built on the DVB-S2 standard with Adaptive Coding and Modulation (ACM). The new product suite comprises iDirect's Evolution routers, line cards and iDX software.
Service providers can leverage this product line to build next-generation satellite networks that significantly improve bandwidth efficiency and lower operating costs.
The iDirect iNFINITI series enables network operators to support SCPC, Mesh and Star networks to multiple satellites all from a single hub chassis. The hub solutions built from the iDirect iNFINITI series platform will allow for scalability to multiple thousands of remote sites.